Bulletin May - June 2017
With much to celebrate at this time of year, and much to be thinking and praying about, I hope this email finds you happy, well, and engaged in some form of prayer and action for the global community.
Thank you all for your continued efforts.
1. Please continue to join us in praying for those affected by the hunger crisis
in East Africa.
2. For a range of interesting and informative prayers from some fantastic organisations check out: www.globalconnections.org.uk/prayer
3. Pray for our world leaders at this seemingly pivotal point in history: that they would be peacemakers serving their countries and the international community with wisdom, collaboration, and courage.
to the Disaster Emergency Committee Appeal for the East Africa
2. Host a Big Brekkie
and support the worldwide work of Christian Aid, alleviating extreme poverty in 40 countries.
3. Take the Tearfund Renew Our World Campaign
action and email the government to encourage investment in green energy and out of polluting fossil fuels.
1. Swan Church Breakfast, ‘Saving the world – Creation Care & Mission’, 17TH May 2017, 7.
30am – 9am, Redland Parish Church Hall, Redland Green Rd, Bristol, BS6 7HE. Suggested donation £5 on the day. To book please contact Jon on 078 5500 6317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Bristol South Deanery Walk – 20th May, 9.15am, St Francis Church, North Street, Bedminster, BS3 2AN. Walk some or all of the lovely circular route of Bristol South
Deanery, visiting local churches for prayer and refreshment, and raising money for Christian Aid Week. Email
to find out more.
3. ‘Using Peace building projects to address violent extremism’ Saturday, 13 May, 11am to 12.30pm, The Reception Room, Wills Memorial Building, Queens Road, Bristol, BS8 1JR.This Bristol Area Quaker Meeting Annual Peace Lecture is a free event and the key speaker is Rebecca Crozier, Middle East and North Africa Programme Manager, International Alert. For more information see: http://redlandquakers.org.uk/members-attenders-area/notices/
Global Aware Team